UPDATED 4/24/19 - Workarounds for Common DTS Issues Resulting from Software Release
(updated 4/24/19) Below are a list of the top DTS issues with recommended workarounds. If you are experiencing any of the issues listed below, please attempt the workaround first before contacting the Travel Assistance Center. For the most up-to-date list of workarounds, please continue to monitor this annoucement as it will be updated as issues are resolved.
1. Issue: The DTS JFU upgrades require the use of Internet Explorer 11 or Google Chrome. It is the standard on many networks to have Internet Explorer 11 installed, but emulated to run as Internet Explorer 10 or lower. This can cause problems within DTS. Documents can get stuck at Processing when attempting to sign or edit. Certain dropdowns and buttons will fail to appear. Please contact your network administrators for assistance with resolving this issue permanently. To avoid this issue, network administrators should utilize the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager, or an XML file stored locally, to specify exactly which websites do or do not fall under Enterprise Mode, as well which browser version that they are loaded with. Adding defensetravel.osd.mil to the Enterprise Mode site list and setting it to run in IE11 will ensure that future page updates do not cause compatibility issues.) Until the issue is resolved by your network, these steps must be performed with every visit to DTS if using Internet Explorer.
Workaround: If Chrome cannot be used, please see the options for Internet Explorer below:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Log in to DTS and go to the screen that you are having difficulty using
- Select F12 on the keyboard. A Developer menu will open along the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Emulation tab in the menu bar and change the Browser Profile from "Enterprise" to "Desktop". If this is disabled, please see your IT Department for assistance
- The screen may refresh. Once complete choose the Document Mode icon (5th icon from the right, looks like a computer) and select 11
- Change "User agent string" to Internet Explorer 11
- You may receive an error. If so, refresh the screen by pressing F5 on your keyboard.
- Once the screen refreshes, continue to work on the screen as usual.
- The Developer menu most remain open while work on the screen is being performed.
2. Issue: Authorizations spawned from group authorization have no line of accounting (LOA). Workaround: A group authorization spaws the individual authorization with no line of account in the document. As a workaround for authorizations, amend the authorization and add the correct LOA. Be advised that this issue cannot be correct on vouchers. Unsigned vouchers in a "Created" status can be removed, allowing the authorizatino to be amended to add the correct LOA.
3. Issue: There is no arrow indicating an amendment exists for a process authorization. Travelers may only notice the processed authorization and assume that a voucher can be created. Workaround: view the list of authorizations to see if a document wiht the same name and TANUM exists. Once the admendment is Approved, the voucher wil be available to create.
4. Issue: No Pending Routing Actions on a Document stamped as Signed using a routing list from a Cross-Org LOA. Workaround: There is currently no workaround.
5. Issue: Cross-Org routing list is not available at Signed. Workaround: Sign the document, then edit once signed and the Cross-Org routing list will be available.
6. Issue: Routing Officials are looped back to Other Auths due to documents being Signed without additional remarks.
Workaround: An adjustment must be made and an additional comment added to Other Auths prior to selecting Save and Proceed to submit the document.
7. Issue: Authorizations with CTO Amendments appear to be stuck in a “CTO TICKETED” status and cannot be stamped as Signed. Workaround: CTO Amended authorizations (common with most CTO TICKETED stamps) cannot be stamped due to an escalated system issue. Until this issue is resolved, follow these steps:
1. Select Edit for the authorization from the dashboard (if the user is not the traveler, select Traveler Lookup to search for the traveler first)
2. Select View Adjustments from the Review Trip Authorization screen
3. Select Edit from this page for the current level
4. Select the desired stamp on the Sign and Submit page
Email this article