Defense Travel Management Office - The DoD Center for Travel Excellenceimage of a map with lines representing travel routes
We’ve launched a new website! Check it out at and update your bookmarks and RSS feeds. NOTE: the site you’re viewing is no longer being updated. To be sure you access the most up-to-date information, visit our new site. Soon this site will be retired and visitors will be automatically redirected to the new site.
 Login to DTS

News & Events > News

Housing Flexibility During PCS within US

UTD for MAP 026-18(R) -- Housing Flexibility for Certain Armed Forces Members with Dependents, Permanent Change of Station (PCS) within the United States implements a change to the JTR that states that a Service member of the Armed Forces on a PCS may be allowed housing flexibility to support the advanced or delayed travel of their dependents for certain reasons.  Those reasons include spouse employment, dependent education or enrollment in the Exceptional Family Member Program or caring for a family member with a chronic or long-term illness.  The Law has a covered relocation period of 180 days prior to and after the Service member’s departure date from the old duty station and this period may be extended or shortened. The member may request a Basic Allowance for Housing at the old or new permanent duty station or at the dependent’s location before the covered relocation period began.


  Connect: Defense Travel Dispatch Newsletter RSS Feeds RSS Feeds YouTube Joint Travel Regulation JTR    BAH Calculator BAH    Calculator Per Diem COLA    OHA Calculator OHA Training Training Travel Assistance Center

Transforming the Defense Travel Enterprise

Site Map | Contact Us | Job Opportunities | Privacy and Security Notice | Accessibility/Section 508 | External Links Disclaimer
FOIA | | Department of Defense | Personnel & Readiness | Defense Human Resources Activity | Help & Feedback