GSA Announces 2011 POV Mileage Rates
The General Services Administration (GSA) has released the CY 2011 privately owned vehicle (POV) mileage reimbursable rates, which will go into effect on January 1, 2011. Pursuant to the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR) § 301-10.303, the following rates are:
- Privately owned automobile: $0.51
- Privately owned motorcycle: $0.48
- Privately owned airplane: $1.29
- Privately owned automobile when a government owned automobile is authorized: $0.19*
Any travel voucher created in 2010 for travel after January 1, 2011 will need to be updated. To update, login to DTS and navigate to the mileage portion of the voucher. Remove the current mileage listed, and re-enter it. DTS will automatically load the new rate and recalculate appropriately.
If you have any questions, please contact your Defense Travel Administrator (DTA) or the Travel Assistance Center (TAC). The TAC can be reached by submitting a help ticket online through TraX or by calling 1-888-Help1Go. If calling from overseas, use a DSN phone to dial directly.
* This reimbursable rate is to be used for travelers who are authorized to use a government owned automobile (GOA) for temporary duty travel and chooses to use a privately owned automobile (POA) instead.