Government (DoD) Lodging Facilities
On June 15, 2015, DoD launched an Integrated Lodging Program Pilot that requires travelers TDY to U.S. military installations at select pilot sites to book government squarters before other lodging options. To facilitate this policy, DTS includes an interface to allow travelers to book DoD lodging facilities directly in DTS.
DoD lodging facilities are being incrementally added in DTS. Air Force Inns and Navy Gateway Inns & Suites are available in DTS. Army Lodging is scheduled to be active on 19 June. Between each deployment, system performance will be monitored. Navy Lodge and Marine Corps lodging will be available in DTS in the near future. This interface will allow travelers book DoD lodging facilities directly in DTS without needing to book through an outside website or call a reservation center or the facility directly. The ability to book DoD lodging facilities in DTS is an added convenience for travelers as it provides a single point of access for reservations, incorporates lodging information into travel documents (authorization/voucher), and automatically secures a certificate of non-availability confirmation number as required by policy when government quarters are not available.
Policy on Use
The Joint Travel Regulation (JTR), requires uniformed service members on orders to a U.S. Installation (as opposed to a geographic location like a town or city), when directed, to check for Government quarters availability at the site to which they are temporarily assigned. DoD civilians TDY to an U.S. military installation at an Integrated Lodging Program Pilot site are required to book government squarters before other lodging options.
* Note: Travelers should not to call their Commercial Travel Office to book DoD lodging facilities. If DTS is not available, book through www.dodlodging.net or contact the DoD lodging facility or reservation center directly.
DoD Lodging Facilities
- Army Lodging - The majority of Army lodging (39 locations) has been privatized through the Privatization of Army Lodging (PAL) program and is now managed by Intercontinental Hotels Group. The remaining three CONUS locations (Ft. Lee, Ft. Benning, and Charlottesville) and all foreign locations are still managed by Army Lodging. For reservations at the three CONUS locations, phone: 800-462-7691 (800 GO ARMY1). For information on OCONUS locations and additional information on all Army lodging, log on to http://army.dodlodging.net/.
- Navy Gateway Inns & Suites (NGIS) - Navy Gateway Inns & Suites (NGIS) offers over 27,000 guest rooms at 74 locations worldwide. It is considered priority-one lodging for all Navy TDY uniformed members, and also offers lodging services for individual/group TDY travelers, DoD civilians and Space Available (leisure) travelers (retirees) and reservists. Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis without regard to rate or rank. For reservations, call 1 877-NAVY-BED (628-9233) or visit www.dodlodging.net.
- Navy Lodges – Navy Lodges are conveniently located around the world at most Navy Installations. TDY and PCS travelers will find clean and convenient lodging that includes all the new luxury amenities you would find at any commercial hotel. For more information, please visit www.navy-lodge.com or call 1-800-NAVY-INN (800-628-9466) to make a reservation.
- Air Force Inns - Air Force Inns are conveniently located around the world at the majority of Air Force Installations. The TDY or PCS traveler will find the accommodations clean, convenient and with the required amenities found in commercial hotels to suit business needs. For more information visit www.dodlodging.net or call: 1-888-235-6343 (888 AF LODGE).
- Marine Corps - Transient Lodging facilities are considered priority-one lodging for the Marine TDY travelers offering professionally-managed, quality lodging and services while helping guests meet fiscal and mission goals. Visit www.dodlodging.com/html/MB-locations.html for information on making reservations. Additionally, Temporary Lodging Facilities (Inns of the Corps) offers short-term housing accommodations for military members, their families, and guests. The mission of the Temporary Lodging Facility is to provide quality accommodations at a reasonable price to PCS and TDY travelers. For locations and contact information for reservations, go to www.innsofthecorps.com/index.html. Please note that at this time, Marine Corps lodging is not bookable in DTS.
- Privatized Army Lodging (PAL) - The Privatized Army Lodging (PAL) program is a partnership between the Army and private industry to improve the condition of on-post lodging facilities and provide for their long-term sustainment. The Army has initiated the program at 39 installations. Hotel rates at the converted facilities are at or below per diem for official travel. Government lodging converted to PAL will be developed into full service hotels and are no longer considered government lodging, making them exempt from travel regulations requiring statements of non-availability. Reservations can be booked at www.ihgarmyhotels.com or by calling 1-877-711-TEAM (1-877-711-8326).
- Army – There are additional public-private ventures under Army contract. These facilities are:
- Navy – There are two locations operated by Susse Chalet in Groton, CT and Newport, RI. Reservations for these facilities are available through Navy Gateway Inns & Suites toll free number, 877-NAVY-BED (628-9233).
- Air Force – There is one location under Air Force contract:
- Hope Hotel & Richard C. Holbrooke Conference Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH, Phone